[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix bug #3138: css_styled_content margin bug

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed May 17 12:29:11 CEST 2006

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb am 17.05.2006 11:10:
>

>>Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>>
>>>Solution:
>>>    For Firefox/Gecko we set a margin-left on the text block so that
>>>    it is aligned right to the images-floated-block. This was not
>>>    regarding the text-margin which was added in RC3. As this is
>>>    done in TypoScript, I added a new register that includes the
>>>    image block width and also the text-margin.
>

>>"rowwidthwithtextmargin"? argh!
>>How about "rowwidthplustextmargin" or simple "rowwidthtextmargin"?
>>
>>Ok, it's only registers but the readability of "rowwdith" is not very
>>good. Please, let's use interCaps for registers as well: "rowWidth"
>
> I agree, but the "rowwidth" register is already been used since RC2, I
> wouldn't want to change that now and break backwards-compatibility.

Of course, it was just a general rant ;-)

> So I changed my patch so that there isn't the need for such a bizarre
> register anymore. The plugin now just sets the registers "rowwidth" and
> "textMargin". TS-setup is what calculates the margins at the place where
> they are actually being used (in the two "nowrap" layouts).

I liked the first patch better. The first one only added a simple PHP code,
now a more elaborate TS code has to be parsed.

Better faster with "rowwidthwithtextmargin" and PHP than slower with
"textMargin" and TS.

A last try: "rowwidth_textmargin". But I do care more about speed than the
naming.

>>Note: don't add the Changelog to your diff.
>>Tip: create the Changelog entry when the path got the ok.
>
> I don't understand why? I would also like people to review my changelog
> entry before I commit it to CVS. Or is there any reason not to have it
> in the diff?

It's very likely that the patch won't be commited with the date you add in
the Changelog. It will either result in CVS conflicts or an odd ordered
list of entries within the Changelog.

At least I have added the Changelog entry the day I commited, note the day
I created the patch.

Masi