[TYPO3-core] CVS Problems

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Wed May 10 12:42:23 CEST 2006

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Otto wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 May 2006 12:06, Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
>> Andreas, would you like to lead the decision making and ask for comments
>> on the mailinglists?
>
> IMHO this is not a topic which should be discussed on any other mailing list
> than this one.
>
> We are about to find a solution how to proceed with the switch from CVS to
> Subversion for the TYPO3core which is currently hosted by SF.net.
>
> When we have made a decision what to use and where to host this will influence
> what will happen to TYPO3xdev.

I agree with you on all points of this mail and of the other mail you
just sent.

IMHO Sourceforge served us very well, except for the last few months in
which they seemed to have a couple of unfortunate things happening to
their CVS services. But at least they treat the problems professionally
and no data is lost. I wouldn't want the TYPO3 CVS/Subversion services
to rely on a single person.

+1 for the switch to SF Subversion after 4.0.1, if Andreas takes care of
it and makes sure the transition to Subversion is tested first so it's
seamless in the end.

cheers
Ingmar