[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix EM2 issues

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Thu Mar 23 20:16:32 CET 2006

Hello Rupert,

>please do us all and your tt_products users a favour and add the attached
>patch to the current tt_products version.
>this patch will prevent the fatal error in the BackEnd and it will also make
>the "requirements for extension updates"-patch from Karsten (which, btw works
>fine for me) unneeded, because only tt_products needs this functionality.

of course I can apply your patch.

However this does still not solve this matter for other extensions you
maybe do not know or are planned to be programmed. There are also other
extensions which lead to a very similar fatal error.

See this image which gets displayed when someone has PHP4 installed and
installs the Payment Library extension. In this case this is not because
of a missing dependancy of extensions but of PHP version.

- Franz