[TYPO3-core] RFC: MM_foreign_select

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Mar 18 19:17:12 CET 2006

Hi René,

> I just fixed the MM handling in CVS and provided a patch and full class
> file for download in the bugtracker.

Thanks. See comments by Kasper and Rupert:

1. The documentation is still missing and the deadline of Friday is already
over. I am serious about removing the code, but had no time to do it yet.

Please don't make things harder as they can be. Write what you have changed,
and it'll be fine.

2. According to Rupert, there is still a bug to be fixed. Please have a look
at it.

> So what went wrong?
> Very shortly before RC1 I introduced a bug while I cleaned up the code and
> simplified it. Not very nice ...

So the solution will be that in future you send "cosmetical" patches as
well. This is nothing personal, the same thing happened to some other
people on that list as well.

My suggestion will be that you send the mail, stating that it is a
non-functional patch. Don't wait for any approval, but instead commit it if
nobody objects within 1 day. Should be fine I guess...

> Anyway, the problem with that lowlevel stuff is that nobody were able to
> go into it. I understand that. The code floated around for months to be
> reviewed. Just before the RC1 I cleaned up the stuff heavily with the hope
> that it is easier to understand and will be reviewed. It was decided to
> put it into RC1 anyway - bug released. Shit happens.

Of course. There is nothing wrong with that. All I want is that you take
responsibility to fix it within a reasonable time, AND that you document
those changes. Reminding people again and again is making me tired - after
all this should be a matter of course.

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out