[TYPO3-core] RFC: Templavoila + Core fixes

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Wed Mar 15 09:42:10 CET 2006

On Mar 15, 2006, at 8:43 , Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> To add:
>
> Why cannot we combine these two into one:
> 1. Use Robert's way in XML
> 2. Set translOriginalPointer for 55 and 84 to point to 23.

The only technical problem is that the localized elements will be
counted twice in the content structure of the page. This will lead to
the warning that elements appear twice. So a switch that turns this
on will have to disable that message.

I also think Bernhard showed yesterday that there are other problems;
that you will have to present the CE fields of a "inheritance"
container in the default language since it cannot be accessed otherwise!

I'm awaiting Bernhards patch.

The interesting thing is that you and Bernhard seem to want it the
same way, yet you were opposing bernhards suggestions yesterday. Do
you think you are miles apart or on the same track? If on the same
track I hope you can work out your patch recommendation.

I would like to stress one point: The TSconfig option you will have
to add must enable _your method_ and not my default implementation. I
insist that I have done it the way it should be (and originally
worked) - after all I'm the father to all the localization features
and always meant it to be like I suggested it in the localization guide.

Rob, are your following (I wouldn't expect...)

- kasper