[TYPO3-core] RFC: Change setDBinit in config_default from array to string, enable textareas in Install Tool

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Sun Mar 12 19:46:30 CET 2006

Hi Michael.

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 12:03, Michael Stucki wrote:
> It changes setDBinit (introduced by Karsten a few weeks ago) from an array
> to a string which will be exploded by newlines.
>
> To make this useable, I have also changed the Install Tool to support
> textareas when the comment starts with "string (textarea)".

Have you ever tried to insert two lines into such a textarea? I just did, and
it did not work, whereas for one line it worked. (Too bad I didn't really try
earlier :( )

There is this method in class.t3lib_install.php, named checkForBadString(),
that rejects any value that contains chr(10) or chr(13). Now guess what, the
values sent from the all configuration screen are checked with this, so a
textarea with a newline in it will never be written to localconf.php... (the
call is in setValueInLocalconfFile(), again in class.t3lib_install.php)

I am not attaching a fix, as there surely was a reason for this check (think
about names of binaries being input). Please have a look at this.

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns
TYPO3 Association - Active Member