[TYPO3-core] rtehtmlarea/res in the CVS

Stanislas Rolland stanislas.rolland at fructifor.ca
Tue Mar 7 19:28:58 CET 2006

Martin Kutschker a écrit :
>> What will happen then if I publish an update of the extension on TER
>> and it gets installed as global or local extension?
>>

> It has been the custom that there are no updates to system extension between TYPO3 versions. Which, to put it plainy, sucks. Waiting for a new indexed search? Hope that the next TYP3 version doesn't take another year.

Why impose this rigidity? In the case of htmlArea RTE, only locallang
centralization would prevent updates on TER. I think this is a feature
loss and a significant constraint.
Is it possible to get language packs for individual extensions? Or could
the use of TYPO3 language packs vs extension locallang files be made
configurable at the level of the extension?

Stanislas