[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 331: Support IPv6 addresses

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Mar 7 10:41:58 CET 2006

This is a CVS patch request.

Problem:
A webserver address has both an A and an AAAA record. Browsers prefer to use
the IPv6 (AAAA) record, which results in the impossiblity of logging into the
backend. When manually using the IPv4 address instead of the DNS name, FE
login works again.

Solution:
Add IPv6 support. The functionality behind this patch has been written by Sven
Wilhelm. I did not test it in any way but it will obviously still work with
any IPv4 address. So it will not break anything, there is just the low risk
that it will _still_ not work with IPv6.

Problems:
The patch adds quite a lot of new functions. I wonder if it would make sense
to move them into a separate file therefore?

Comments:
After all, this is my last todo for 4.0. All else will (hopefully) be
bugfixing only.

- michael