[TYPO3-core] RFC: allow access from private nets

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Wed Jun 21 10:15:12 CEST 2006

Hi.

On Wednesday 07 June 2006 16:39, Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Michael Stucki schrieb:
> > The attached patch removes the IP check in the install tool and just
> > checks for the existance of typo3conf/ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL instead.
> >
> > This is very useful for mass hosters who share one TYPO3 source for many
> > sites. Also it allows install tool access without having to edit the
> > source code.
>
> Having this file in typo3conf won't help much for the hosters themselves.
> But it's great that we can avoid the fiddling with the code.

It does help. They can use a shared TYPO3 source, and still don't have to
decide globally whether they allow access to the install tool. Every site can
now switch it on/off independently.

> Has the installer access to t3lib? If so, it could read the file. If it
> finds IP ranges in it (like SYS[devIPmask]) it could verify the clients IP
> address against it. If no IP is found all addresses are allowed.

The file isn't read, according to Stucki's description, but it's existence is
checked. No more IP checks.

I like that idea. +1 based on reading the patch.

Karsten
--
fishfarm netsolutions - Karsten Dambekalns
Hamburger Straße 273 B - 38114 Braunschweig

Tel. +49 531 1232902  k.dambekalns at fishfarm.de
Fax. +49 531 1232906  http://www.fishfarm.de/

Karsten Dambekalns
TYPO3 Association - Active Member