[TYPO3-core] RFC: css_styled_content & localization

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Mon Jul 31 07:53:59 CEST 2006

Hi!

Michael Stucki wrote:
> - configure config.sys_language_overlay = 1
> - set mod.web_layout.defLangBinding = 1 in Page TSconfig (not relevant)
> - in the "Default" translation, edit a content element, add a link to #c123
> - no translation for this element

Similar to my setup.

> As a result of this, the link to #c123 will work properly at the translated
> website, while it would not have worked if the localized content UID would
> have been used (= your patch).

Generally, user should link to localized content because localized
content is displayed on the page, not original content. In my solution
if element is not localized, original UID will be used. _LOCALIZED_UID
is used only if element is localized.

> Since you will never know which element is referenced by the user, I think
> the most proper solution is to add additional anchors for each translation
> of a record, e.g.

> This is the record with UID 1, translations at UID 2 and 3.
>
> Might be tricky to implement in TypoScript... :-)

Corresponding patch is attached. Would be really good to have it because
  referencing localizing content is not obvious at the moment. Editor
has to select non-localized content always, which is hard to explain to him.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
ACCIO Ltd, Latvia