[TYPO3-core] What's missing for 4.0.1?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Fri Jul 28 09:27:13 CEST 2006

Hi!

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Ben van't Ende has discovered a bug related with the 404 handling. Since it
> caused his server to make endless loops, I consider it critical. Notice
> that this functionality was different in 4.0!

I think I know why it happens but first I must get the answer from Ben:
does he use rc1 or pre-rc1 cvs version? I asked him already. It matters
because there was a bug in pre-rc1 that could make this problem happen.

Also Ben has configuration error in his domains: 404 page must exist in
the same domain if 404 page is configured with relative path. Mising
proper 404 page while setting it in configuration will cause this error
too. Actually Ben could get rid of the problem by adding proper 404
pages to domains.

> For now I will wait for feedbacks of Dmitry, Ernesto and Masi (they have
> been informed by Ben) because they are more familar with the problem than I
> am.

The only quick solution that I see is to replace line 1318 of the
class.tslib_fe.php with content from lines 1353-1354. This will prevent
recursion but error message will be hard-coded.

Dmitry.