[TYPO3-core] SVN branches & stuff

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Jul 20 15:39:40 CEST 2006

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>

>> I think we need a common strategy where to develop, where to try out
>> new things, where to fix bugs, what to merge
>> between what branches. I haven't seen that yet(?)
>>
>> I see no sense in always committing _everything_ to trunk _and_ the
>> 4_0 branch.
>
> Here I agree. I think it was bad to start committing things to both
> branches.

This situation has only happened because noone started adding new features
to the trunk. We are currently by our own decision still in the bug killing
phase.

If new stuff gets into the trunk we'll see different patches for trunk and
TYPO3-4_0.

So it's annoying right now, but systematically correct.

Masi