[TYPO3-core] RFC: enable localization for section titles (bugfix)

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Wed Jul 12 12:52:49 CEST 2006

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Seems reasonable, but what is this reference to TV in the Core?!?!

It was there for ages... I think it was introduced by Kasper. Ideally,
code should look like:

foreach($value['el'] as $kk => $vv) {
   foreach ($value['el'][$kk] as $jj => $uu) {
     $opt[] = '<option value="'.$kk.'">'.\
              htmlspecialchars('NEW "'.
              $this->sL(
                $value['el'][$kk][$jj]['title']).'"').
              '</option>';
   }
}

but it requires many changes in that file.

Even Typo3 core docs (see "Core APIs") also reference TV when talk about
flexforms.

In my opinion this dependency is bad (such as TV's dependency on rarely
used lorem_ipsum extension) but it is a separate work to remove such
dependency. For now I do not want to do such a big change.

Dmitry.