[TYPO3-core] SVN + Eclipse + .project

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Tue Jul 11 12:45:23 CEST 2006

Hi!

Those who use Eclipse with SVN for typo3 development could notice that
Eclipse shows TYPO3 project as always modified. This happens due to
".project" file that Eclipse creates.

It is possible to get rid of such warning by adding ".project" to
svn:ignore. However, this is not a file as .cvsignore but a property of
repository, thus should be committed there as well.

I would be happy if we could fix issue with "always modified" status for
Eclipse users. Depending on votes, opinions and number of people, who
use Eclipse, I see three choices:
- do nothing and have "always modified" in Eclipse (worst)
- add ".project" file to svn:ignore and commit this change to SVN. This
will not affect those who does not use Eclipse. However if we later go
for choice 3, I am not sure how to undo inclusion into "svn:ignore"
- add ".project" file to SVN. Worth only if most people use Eclipse for
core development. This file should not be included to build packages.

Personally I would prefer step 2 because it helps Eclipse people and
does not affect others (including packaging). Also project file changes
sometimes, so better to have it off the SVN.

Change (if we agree on change) should go to two active branches: HEAD
and TYPO3-4_0.

What do you think?

Dmitry.