[TYPO3-core] Another patch request for t3lib_htmlmail

Stanislas Rolland stanislas.rolland at fructifor.ca
Wed Jan 25 16:44:30 CET 2006

Hi Michael,
> 4. Line breaks: You are distincting between Windows servers where the
> linebreak is \r\n and all others that use \n. Are you sure this is a
> problem? Afaik, all systems are fine with the \n linebreak.

This is a fix that was submitted to me by Masi and tested for many
months with sr_direct_mail_ext. It corrects problems experienced in a
combination of Postfix and Outlook2003. Only after applying this fix did
I stop receiving complaints about quoted-printable direct mails.
> 5. I agree with Jan-Erik that the quoted_printable function should stay in
> t3lib_div only.
>
> May I ask you to wait with that change
> and look at my next mail which is touching the same things. (Though I have
> to check if it does the same like your fixed quoted_printable() function.)

If you want to include the fix to the quoted_printable function in
t3lib_div in your patch, this is fine with me. However, I think it is
safer to also apply the correct linebreaks in the headers generated by
t3lib_htmlmail. Will you do that too?

Regards,
Stanislas