[TYPO3-core] Patch: tslib_pagegen / clone()

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Thu Jan 19 17:53:13 CET 2006

René Fritz <rene at typo3.org> writes on
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:43:55 +0100 (MET):

>> But that means, that the code is now executed every time (since it's
>> included in config_default.php) in PHP4.
>
>> As far as I know, eval() is pretty slow, isn't it?
>
> I don't know but for clone() there's just no other way.
>
> And it's not very much code, is it?

The only other solution is to have conditonal includes. compat.php is currently small enough that it doesn't really matter, but in the long run it might be a bit cleaner to have the conditions in config_default.php and to include only the necessary compat files. So this compat.php really is compat_php5.php.

Masi