[TYPO3-core] RFC: fix bug #2023

Peter Niederlag peter at niederlag.de
Tue Jan 17 10:07:14 CET 2006

Hi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Peter Niederlag <peter at niederlag.de> writes on Sun, 15 Jan 2006
> 14:39:32 +0100 (MET):
>

>> Problem: remove all RTE configuration code from CSS Styled Content
>> as it should rather be kept in EXT:rtehtmlarea or whatever
>> rte-extensions
>
> Hm. IMHO the TCA configs doesn't hurt. It's the TSconfig entries that
> must be removed. They suck, because they invalidate RTE.default as
> RTE.defaukt is only applied to a field if no RTE confis is set. But
> css_styled_content has a setting.

Well, it is easy to overwrite TSConfig by just loading rtehtmlarea
*after* css_styled_content. (But you are right, thats another good point
that is worth a change imho).

basic problem is that $TCA defines buttons in types|text and types|textpic

------snipp current TCA definition for bodytext in types|text--------
bodytext;;9;richtext[paste|bold|italic|underline|formatblock|class|left|center|right|orderedlist|unorderedlist|outdent|indent|link|image]:rte_tran
sform[flag=rte_enabled|mode=ts];3-3-3
-------snapp---------------------------------------------------------

That way these buttons show up regardless of RTE-configuration.
showButtons is merged with settings from TCA. Only chance maybe is to
provide a RTE.config.bodytext.hideButtons =, which is kind of stupid
imho and adds that other extra layer of complexity that make it hard to
handle.

As said imho RTE-Config should be kept within the RTE-Extensions not in
Core or sysext:cms.

> Anyway, your patch is not about csc but about the Core. Is this the
> correct patch?

yes. sysext:cms carries these TCA-settings. Therefore the
problem-description is not quite right, sorry. The goal should be to get
rid of RTE-configuration in sysext:cms and sysext:csc imho.

This patch just adressed small changes in sysext:cms. I can of course
drop the change in transformation-mode since that can and is anway
adressed otherwise.

Cheers,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag * Neuer Sandberg 9 * 31535 Neustadt *
Fon (privat): 05036 / 924 100 * Fon (Büro): 05036 / 924 101