[TYPO3-core] Speed up of page cache

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Tue Jan 17 09:39:23 CET 2006

Peter Niederlag <peter at niederlag.de> writes on
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:33:13 +0100 (MET):

> Hi,
>
> Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I was able to speed up page cache quite a lot by adding index on
> > "expire" field
> > in cache_pages. One moment a single instance of mysql 3.23 started
> > to get around
> > 400 request/second and sites were running slowly. Immediately after
> > altering
> > cache_pages table with phpMyAdmin it ran significally faster.
> >
> > I do not know where cache_pages structure is defined but it may be
> > good to make
> > such change there.
>
> No Opinions/knowledge?
>
> I dont't see why an index on expire could help, INDEX on page_id and
> hash is already enabled.

Too little time to find the SQL statements extecuted and to think about possibly enhancements by extra indices.

If someone were so kind to mail me the statements, I'll have a look at it.

Generally speaking I don't like statements like "I added index X and now it's faster". I want figures: afftected tables, statements, possibly with explains (before and after).

Masi