[TYPO3-core] RFC: Undo/History completely revised (#1650)

Sebastian Kurfuerst sebastian at garbage-group.de
Sat Jan 14 00:05:46 CET 2006

Hi List,

This is a CVS patch request...

Branches: 4.0

Type: New feature (Major revision)

History/Undo completely revised! I did a complete rewrite of the UI, and
it is now more oriented to common history views.
      * added possibility in TCEMain to undelete record
      * last changes are on top now
      * possibility to sum up changes
      * revert all changes, single records or single fields in single
        records
      * revert INSERTS / DELETES!
      * set default timespan before deleting history entries to 30 days
      * Moved history/undo to first level clickmenu
      * show record-history on page-level as well!

What was dropped:
      * implementation of "history.keepEntries" - not needed IMHO
      * "save snapshot" feature, as it lead to an inconsistent DB.
        Versions are a much better way for this than snapshots.

DOCUMENTATION
TYPO3 CORE API:
TCEMain -> processCMDmap
added "undelete"

TESTING
=======
Many of you already had the chance to test this feature and give some
feedback about it. Thanks again to everybody who helped me improve it
again and again during the last 2 months!

If you want to try it out, use http://testing.garbage-group.de/typo3
Login: coredev / t3rocks
I suggest using the page "New features" -> "History/Undo" for testing.

Have fun!
Greets, Sebastian

--
Sebastian Kurfuerst