[TYPO3-core] PHP requirement version for TYPO3 4.0

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Tue Jan 3 15:53:12 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> May be you need to cool down a little? :) What has happened to you in
> the last two days? :)

Hi Dmitry,

I just looked through my sent folder and could not find any indication
of having been non-cool this year, so you must confuse me with somebody
else ;)

Again, I know we can fix those issues, and they are working and all. And
I do trust Masi knows exactly what he's doing. But I seriously doubt
that any programmer would find a construct like

if (function_exists(myfunction)){
	myfunction()
}

particularly elegant or maintainable. Nothing more, nothing less. And if
raising requirements to some sensible level (we do not demand bleeding
edge, after all) helps avoiding this kind of code, I'd personally do that.

Greetings,
Michael