[TYPO3-core] RFC: Indexed Search template fixes

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Feb 28 14:29:32 CET 2006

Attached is a new version. I've hugely changed the whole default template:

- Dropped template_traditional.tmpl so there is only one template anymore.
Reason: both templates where very very similar, and I've seen no more
reasons to keep both. I know that it was me who once asked the author of
the template patch to write such a 2nd template, but to me it seems that
template_css.tmpl is also compatible with pre-4.0 layouts. I will rename
template_css.tmpl to template.tmpl before committing!

- Changed the _CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE, removed obsolete classes, cleanup

- Added a <div> layer around every main section of the template:
  - tx-indexedsearch-searchbox
  - tx-indexedsearch-rules
  - tx-indexedsearch-sec
  - tx-indexedsearch-secHead
  - tx-indexedsearch-res

- Added alternative class names where it seems to make sense. Example:
  tx-indexedsearch-title => Added "title" to the class tag

  => Question: Does it make sense to drop the old (long) class names?

- Changed all nowrap to nowrap="nowrap"

- Moved the <br /> from before each result to _after_ each result (affects
the 1st hit only)

Additionally, these changes were already posted yesterday:
- The result browser now uses unordered lists instead of a table
- Replaced the class "browsebox-SCell" with "browselist-currentPage"
- Changed <span class="browsebox-strong"> to <strong>
- Adding "summary" attributes to all tables (required for W3C validation)
- Fixed a bug: colspan=2" instead of colspan="2"

Michael

--
Use a newsreader! Check out