[TYPO3-core] EM doesn't show available, non-installed extensions

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Wed Feb 15 18:41:05 CET 2006

Hi Kasper,

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> Anyway, may I propose that this flag only affects extensions looked up
> in the repositories and never the local lists. The reason is that
> dealing with local extensions is always another agenda;
> Installing/Uninstalling, editing, uploading, etc. while connecting to a
> repository and transferring extensions _to_ the server is where the
> security concern belongs. Thats my opinion. And surely we will have tons
> of usability problems with this setting since many people will wonder
> (like me) where their already available extensions went (while a look up
> in the repository is another story).

I fully agree and told that Karsten earlier already.
Another important reason is, that if we don't change the behavior of the
EM to always list locally available extensions, a lot of people that
want to use their own custom local extensions are forced to set the "Use
of unsupported extensions" flag and thus enable unsupported extensions
even from TER which they might not want, and which we don't want them to
do either, because if everyone sets that flag it would render the whole
supported/unsupported extensions idea useless.

I think this should be fixed before beta3.

cheers,
Ingmar