[TYPO3-core] Bugfix #760 GIFBUILDER 256 colors

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Feb 8 23:37:45 CET 2006

Hi Bernhard,

>> 1. I dislike to introduce two more options to $TYPO3_CONF_VARS[GFX].
>>    Suggestions instead:
>>     - Use "gif" internally unless $TYPO3_CONF_VARS[GFX][gdlib_png] is
>>     set.
>>       I don't think that there is a need to use jpg or wbmp here.
>>     - Do you really think it needs to be configurable whether dithering
>>     is
>>       used or not? IMHO you should always turn it off.
>
> I set it to on now and leave away palette_nodither. See the difference
> when dithering is set to false. You get a ugly line on the left corner of
> the picture (The corona of the letters doesn't look good also but that's
> because it's no pixelfont): http://think-open.org/kraftb/with_dither.gif
> http://think-open.org/kraftb/without_dither.gif

I see, so the dithering option is still useful. I have no problem with
adding more options, I just dislike this more and more growing list on page
4 of the Install Tool.

What about changing the truecolor thingy into a string field and having the
possibility to add more parameters using a separator?

Michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out