[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-bugs] RFC: increase length for titles of be_users, be_groups, fe_users, and fe_groups

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Dec 3 12:07:39 CET 2006

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
> Forwarding message from Ingo Renner:
>
> ---
>
> This is a SVN patch request

> Title for be_users, be_groups, fe_users, and fe_groups are limited to 20
> chars, this makes it impossible to give descriptive names especially groups.
>
> Solution: increase the length of the according DB fields

I don't know if there are reasons to restrict the lengths to 20. I think
it makes sense to increacse to 30 or 50 to allow for family names and
some prefix/suffix. 255 is too long and will an reasonable list output.

Better then using long "ids" are title fields. Those fields should be
shown in the selectors.

-1 for the patch, but +1 for the idea of increasing to a reasonable length.

Masi