[TYPO3-core] Bug #2994 and the update wizard

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sun Apr 2 00:00:15 CEST 2006

Hi Martin,

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Hi!
>
> BT: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2994
>
> An improvement in 4.0 causes now a problem for PHP4. SYS[t3lib_cs_utils]
> allowed regarding to the docs the value "iconv". But this was bogus
> until TYPO3 4.0. "iconv" is now allowed but *only* for PHP5.
>
> I don't want to add a PHP5 check to t3lib_cs.

Actually, I don't like such checks in there either, but I think it's the
only way to go.

For the moment I just took the patch Ernesto attached to bug #2994 and
put it to the "Patches for rc3" page (the patch is also attached to this
mail).

If you know a better solution, I'll remove Ernesto's patch again.

cheers,
Ingmar