[TYPO3-core] Bug #2994 and the update wizard

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Sat Apr 1 21:07:13 CEST 2006

Franz Holzinger <franz at fholzinger.com> writes on
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 21:06:35 +0200 (METDST):

> Hello Martin,
>

> >Any ideas?
> >
> http://de2.php.net/manual/en/ref.iconv.php
>
> Maybe this could work with the
> http://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv/
> library?

Ahem, I know the iconv libary and I know how to use it from PHP.

The thing is that some iconv functions work only with PHP4 (eg iconv_strlen).

Please reread my post to understand the problem: how to avoid an unnecessary check for PHP5 when a feature (config option) never was intended to work with PHP4.

I'm quite happy to "solve" this to tell PHP4 in the upgrade infos users to disable SYS[t3lib_cs_utils]=iconv. But I would prefer it, if it could be done automatically in the update wizard.

Masi