[TYPO3-core] RFC: Shortcut Field type change

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Sat Nov 5 07:45:51 CET 2005

Introducing an overlap will some day raise the question "Why can you link to
files with both shortcut and external URL. Isn't External URL obsolete? This
is more complex, please remove the option". That is of course true, but who
realizes that it requires more than an changed field in the database but
someone has to develop a little tool which scans the whole page table for
"External URL" page types and converts them properly?

I think we should keep both page types until we make a greater change anyway
(like planned for 5.0)

- kasper

--
- kasper