[Typo3-UG Stuttgart] Problem in Getting the Right Template(Creating Template Selector)

KajaBalini Arulanandam reachmalini at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 10:24:15 CET 2005

Dear Typo3 users
   I'm a beginner in Typo3 and started working for the last 1 month and
currently working under   part 2, which is Modern Template building. And I
couldn't get the final stage result. It works until before the last page
(changing to Uppercase).

   Under the section " Creating a Template Selector “, first I created an
extension on my own and then modified the item arrays for Backend.

   I just followed the steps given in the documentation and for the first
time I got the result, where it lists all the template names, icons. After
this I make the necessary changes in the SQL files and update them.

   But I got the problem in the Front-end, I mean reading the selected
template from the list of templates. The get the right template, the manual
shows to change a PHP class file under pi1 directory
(class.tx_templselect_pi1.php).

   On other hand, I get the proper Object browser structure as we should
get.... Only the Front-end doesn't show me the right template....

Please help me out with your valuable suggestions and I thank you for your
answers in advance.

Regards
Miruna