[Typo3-UG Stuttgart] [Typo3] RFC: should be enable authentication ?

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [netfielders] jh at netfielders.de
Sun May 4 18:07:34 CEST 2003

Hi folks !

I just noticed that spam is sent to the german list. Spam will increase, as
there is no way of knowing if this is spam or not. There is a solution:

If you are using the list-server, fine, this will be no problem for you.

If you are using the news-server: There will be a change: You need to
subscribe to the list you want to send mails to, BUT you go to your users
options and disable mail delivery. In that case, you do not get any mails
from the list, and you don't need to send mails to it (but you could). If
you have done so, you can keep using the newsserver. Via this way, mails are
in sync with the list-server, but we are able to enable authentication (via
subscription and your mail-adress).

Now, it's your turn.

A: Would you like to recieve spam, ignore it, delete it, whatever, but do
nothing but send mails to the server, or:
B: those of you using the news-server, subscribe to the list-server, change
that setting, keep writing on the newsserver and do NOT recieve spam.

So ?

Jan-Hendrik

(BTW: It SHOULD work this way, I didn't test yet ;-))