[TYPO3-workflow] typo3 4.1.1 versioning -> new version = different page ids -> broken rootline -> bug?

Pascal Schult pschult at web.de
Thu May 24 23:16:57 CEST 2007

Hi,

i'm using typo3 4.1.1 and have to use the versioning management to make
versions of "stable" branches from time to time.
but when i create a new version (live-workspace) of my root page with
all subpages (root_page > context menu > versioning > "Create new
version") and i publish or swap this version, every page has got a new
page id / uid after publishing.
my GMENUs, created with spezial.value and a couple of uids, doesn't work
anymore.
The same problem with links in my text content elements, where i have
linked internal pages.

"Error! The requested page didn't have a proper connection to the
tree-root! (Broken rootline)"

No wonder why... inconsistent UIDs -> broken linking...
The question is WHY does typo deliver a version with different uids?

Version history:

Default:
Title   UID  oid  id  wsid  state  stage  count  pid  t3ver_label
webroot 60   60   0   0     0      0      3      0

Version1.0
Title   UID  oid  id  wsid  state  stage  count  pid  t3ver_label
webroot 424  60   1   0     0      0      1      -1   Version1.0

[...]

Version1.5
Title   UID  oid  id  wsid  state  stage  count  pid  t3ver_label
webroot 594  60   6   0     0      0      1      -1   Version1.5

Anybody here with an explanation? Bug or "misunderstood feature"?

thanks for advice!

- Verflixtnix