[TYPO3-workflow] sys_workflows and tt_news

Mads Chr. Olesen typo3-project-workflow at shiyee.dk
Thu May 11 10:11:50 CEST 2006

tor, 11 05 2006 kl. 09:56 +0200, skrev redacted user:
> Michael Karalus a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> > is there anybody out there who managed to run sys_workflows with tt_news
> > (T3 V4 and actual versions of tt_news and sys_workflows)?
> > It works for pages, but not for news - cant get the context menu entry
> > for start a new workflow.
> > Thx, Michael
> Hi,
> It seems to me that this workflow work only with page records.
> If i try to create a workflow for any other table (tt_content,
> tt_news...), the user who edit the record has no access rights to it,
> unless he has "edit page contents access", which is in fact what we try
> to avoid.
> As a test, take the sample "workflow_basic_setup.t3d", and add a
> creation or modification workflow on the table Pagecontent.
> Tell me if i miss something.

Quoting Christian Jul Jensen, from 20. feb 2006:
> i thought the workflow temporarily grants the user admin-rights
> (says the manual) so the permission to edit the page header should not
be
> a problem.. (??)

This is true, but only for the publishing actions. What the NWS does is
that
it creates a non-public record (hidden or versionized) with the access
rights of that non-priveliged user. This user can now work with the
record
untill it's ready for publishing.

When it is ready the NWS temporarily grants the user the right of
unhiding
or publishing the page.
<end qoute>

I hope this clarifies things a bit.