[TYPO3-workflow] Workflow configuration problems

Wim Verheij wim at verheij.nu
Fri Nov 11 20:09:44 CET 2005

This is the same problem I reported here earlier.

Today we spent some time investigating this problem. I noticed two
things:

1. The sysworkflow table in the database contains fields for
allowed_groups, review users, publishing users and the target user
group.

Apart from the workflow tables there are three separate tables, that
convert the user ids used in the sysworkflow table to be_user ids, this
is done for allowed groups, review users and publishing users.

I noticed that all user and group_ids in the sysworkflow table are set
to the value "1". But there is no entry in the cross-tables, so this
value cannot be mapped onto real user and group ids.

2. After finding out how the different database tables relate to each
other, I experimented with different values for allowed user groups.
First I tried to manually enter a valid local group_id, for which there
is an entry in the cross-table. This does not work.
Then I entered the value of a back-end group_id, this seems to work.
Users which belong to this group are now able to start a workflow.

If I now log on as target user, I can see the assigned task in my todo
list, but the lower part of the screen is empty (white area). If I click
to start a task (eg insert a new page) the task is performed, because a
new page appears in the page tree.

I will keep trying to figure out what exactly is wrong, because we are
eager to implement a workflow schedule for our intranet site.

Any information which might solve this will be appreciated.

I'll keep you posted,

Wim Verheij