[TYPO3-v4] The future of ExtJS 4 in TYPO3 4.7

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Wed Jan 11 17:46:24 CET 2012

Am 11.01.12 16:47, schrieb Oliver Hader:

> a) postpone the final 4.7 release a lot and hope things will get better
>    - forward port all components to ExtJS 4
>    - introduce a great backward compatibility layer for
>      ExtJS 3 extensions
>    - create documentation on how to use ExtJS 3 and ExtJS 4
>      side by side
>
> b) revert the ExtJS 4 changes in the Git master branch of the TYPO3 Core
>    - get back a stable TYPO3 4.7 with working Workspaces,
>      Form Wizard and Recycler
>    - accept the "collateral" fact that the work on ExtJS 4
>      migration is lost, which means to disappoint developers
>      who invested a lot of time in what already has been achvieved
>    - find (better) alternatives for the mentioned "media" and
>      "vidi" components
>    - find alternatives to ExtJS in general in the long-term view -
>      however, ExtJS is good for widgets, but not as a one-fits-all
>      JavaScript solution

Hi Olli and others,

c) Ask Sencha if they can donate support for us.

We had quite a good connection to them in the past and they should
advise us and know before we drop ExtJS at all. (We did that with V5 in
Summer and jumped the Sproutcore Bandwaggon. See the Status of
Sproutcore & Ember.js: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SproutCore )

Let me know if you need a contact at Sencha.

Olivier