[TYPO3-v4] Minutes of the 10th meeting of the 4.7 Release Team

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Sun Feb 5 09:58:55 CET 2012

Hey Tolleiv,

Am 01.02.12 18:09, schrieb Tolleiv Nietsch:
> What's the extension key? Atm. I can only find "gridelements" which
> doesn't even have a documentation :( and which doesn't indicate that it
> came from BLE.
>
> Assuming "gridelements" is the right one. A thing which I consider wrong
> is that this extensions conflicts with TemplaVoila. Why? What's the
> reason behind that - having the conflict avoids smooth migrations -
> which (if the claim is right) is something you should actually look for.
> If my assumption (that gridelements is the BLE ext.) was wrong - just
> tell me and I'll ignore it.

Gridelements is the right one (see Forge project as well [1]). But this
extension was not developed as part of the BLE project - so it's not a
"BLE extension" at all.

The idea behind not integrating it into the Core right now is, that
possible missing features would then only be possible with 4.8 or any
later version - keeping it as an extension in the TER allows the
flexibility to modify things independently of the Core's feature freeze.
This way also smooth migration issues with TemplaVoila, as you
mentioned, could be solved in the TER version.

Cheers,
Olly

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-gridelements
--