[TYPO3-v4] CardLayout glitches

Tolleiv Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Tue Sep 20 21:46:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

regarding https://review.typo3.org/4631 - I doubt that the "discovered"
places are the only places where context-menu entires are incompatible
with the CardLayout.

If you look at the patch you'll see that only "half" of the API is
covered by the patch - whenever a module uses the $overrideLocation
parameter of urlRefForCm() method, it automatically breaks compatibility
with the CardLayout. I've no glue yet were this is used - but we will
find out by the communities complains ;)

If you read the notes and comments of the patch, you'll also see that
the "problem" that some cards might not provide a URL and that therefore
navigation supported by the $returnUrl parameter will never work with
the CardLayout - this is imho a significant usability drawback.

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--
twitter.com/tolleiv