[TYPO3-v4] Using t3lib_div::getUrl() also for xml.gz files from Extension Manager?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Sep 19 13:37:45 CEST 2011

Hi Marcus,

> Using compress.zlib allows us to work on streams. Such, we don't have
> the complete 24MB file in memory. The parsers are also written in a way
> to reduce memory and time consumption.

Thanks for your explanations.

> See benchmarks made during the parser rework:
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-em/wiki/Benchmarks

Hmm, 403 error...

> I think, if XMLReader::open() has problems in your specific environment,
> it's either a bug in XMLReader (pull parser based on ext/xmlreader) and
> to be addressed by PHP guys or prereqisites aren't met and *are not
> tested for*.

IMO it's indeed a PHP bug (at least in the ZendServer distribution). As
far as I can tell the requisites are fine. At least I couldn't spot any
significant difference between the servers where it works and those
where it doesn't.

> Then we should provide a test for this and fallback to the other parser
> (push parser based on ext/xml).

It would be good IMO, but it should happen after trying to test reading
with XMLReader. It's a weird bug, but it's a pain, because it prevents
us from using most of the new EM on some servers...

Francois Suter