[TYPO3-v4] Suggestion: Security commit messages

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Sep 14 14:09:24 CEST 2011

Hi,

1)
currently our TYPO3v4 commit messages for security issues don't look
different from regular commits. E.g. for our latest release:

[BUGFIX] Disabling the cache does not work on invalid cHash value
(Daniel Pötzinger)

I would suggest to add a new flag (see [1]) called [SECURITY] to add
some weight to these changes:

[BUGFIX][SECURITY] Disabling the cache does not work on invalid cHash
value (Daniel Pötzinger)

2)
Another issue I found while re-reading the wiki page. Someone added this
note:

	Note: In FLOW3 the [!!!] prefix is added at the very beginning of the
line, so it doesn't get overlooked.

Maybe we should / could also add this to our TYPO3v4 rules, so that they
don't diverge from FLOW3, as it makes sense? We haven't had that much
"!!!" usage anyway, since we almost never break backwards compatibility. ;)

Any other suggestion around this? I would document that on the mentioned
wiki page [1].

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/CommitMessage_Format_%28Git%29