[TYPO3-v4] Minutes of the 1st meeting of the 4.7 Release Team

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Tue Nov 15 08:33:36 CET 2011

Message sent in behalf of Steffen Ritter:

Hi dear TYPO3 community,

These are the minutes of the 1st TYPO3 Release Team Meeting for version 4.7.

The minutes are also available in the wiki of TYPO3 4.7:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v47-projects/wiki/1st_Release_Team_Meeting_TYPO3_47

On Monday, November 14th 2011 we hold our 1st meeting with the following
participants:

* Steffen Ritter (4.7 Release Manager)
* Xavier Perseguers (4.6 Release Manager)
* Benjamin Mack (4.4 Release Manager)
* Ingmar Schlecht (4.1 Release Manager)
* Oliver Hader (Core Team Leader)
* Ben van't Ende (Community Manager)

Review TYPO3 4.6
============================

For "lessons learned" from the amazing work of Xavier did, we all
considered it worthful to define a dated roadmap (which is accesible in
public) as early as possible.
Furthermore the strict caution around the feature freeze resulted in the
most stable .0 version since years.
As the press-releases around TYPO3 4.6 --rebase could have been
improved, we aim for a better communication with the PR departement of
the TYPO3 association in front of the release of TYPO3 4.7.
Xavier aims to release 4.6.1 on Tuesday, Nov. 22nd 2011.

After the successful release of TYPO3 4.6 --rebase we all took the
opportunity to thank again Xavier for his great work with the current
release.

TYPO3 4.7
============================

The focus of the upcoming release will be on "standards" and "accessiblity".
TYPO3 4.7 will produce highly accessible frontend-rendering based on
HTML5 by default. Furthermore, you may expect many improvements for
daily tasks according to usability within the Backend. Some larger
features are already in the pipeline from the BLE project, and they have
to be integrated into the core.

As there is plenty of work already done and - as always - a lack of
time, we're going pin a definite topic to each of the 12 weeks of
development until feature freeze. Within this week we aim to concentrate
and merge this pinned-topic. There always will be a person responsible
for each package, who you should get in contact with, if you want to
help out in this departement.

Additionally there will be an Backend-UI feature freeze two weeks
earlier than the actual feature freeze, allowing to fix outstanding
issues with the current TYPO3 Backend for mobile and low-resolution
devices, which could be difficult to tackle with otherwise. As these
fixes might need changes to API and we aim to have a restrictive
feature-freeze again, this special rule had been introduced.
Details about this, as well as an detailed status report on the BLE
project will be made public soon.

Dates
============================

Until then you already might keep in mind the following fixed dates:

* Release of alpha1: November 29th 2011
* Release of alpha2: December 20th 2011
* Release of alpha3: January 10th 2012
* backend-UI-freeze: Janurary 24th 2012
* Release of beta1: February 7th 2012 (feature freeze)
* Release of beta2: March 6th 2012
* Release of beta3: March 27th 2012
* Release of RC1: April 10th 2012
* Release of final: April 24th 2012

Next steps
============================

The existing or inactive teams will be contacted to start communication
of their plans and to coordinate efforts for TYPO3 4.7. The bugtracker's
roadmap tool is already used to reference bugs and features to be
fixed/implemented for a given release.

If you feel interested in a particular project or task, please reply on
the list or directly get in contact with Steffen Ritter as Release
Manager of TYPO3 4.7.

Regards

--
Steffen Ritter