[TYPO3-v4] Upgrade wizard: installnewsysexts / installsysexts

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu May 26 14:41:28 CEST 2011

Patrick Rodacker schrieb am 26.05.2011 03:25:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I was wondering, if the two upgrade wizards:
>
> tx_coreupdates_installsysexts
> tx_coreupdates_installnewsysexts
>
> will be used and extended in future releases to contain newly outsourced
> or added system extensions? If that is the case, we will have problems
> with the check in
>
> Tx_Install_Updates_Base::isWizardDone()
>
> cause it just checks for the lines in localconf.php:
>
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['INSTALL']['wizardDone']['tx_coreupdates_installsysexts']
> = '1';
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['INSTALL']['wizardDone']['tx_coreupdates_installnewsysexts']
> = '1';
>
> So if we plan to extend the extensions processed within the wizards, the
> upgrade wizard would not be shown if these lines exist.

This is not a problem at all, because as soon as new extensions gets
added, the wizard simply has to check if this "wizardDone" setting is
"1" or has a timestamp of whatever will be the choice of the new release
to differenciate the situation. "==1" means it was done in 4.5.

> I would suggest to add another level to the wizardDone Array containing
> the TYPO3 version of the uprades and extend the class
> Tx_Install_Updates_Base with an attribute like e.g. sinceVersion to
> perform a compare with the lines within localconf, if they exist.
> Maybe there is smarter approach, so what do you think?

This would be the correct approach, but we don't need this complexity
while there is no need for it. As soon as we have the first "use case"
for this, we can have a solution. Is there already demand for it?