[TYPO3-v4] Debug Information in Install Tool

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Tue May 24 16:37:44 CEST 2011

Hi everybody,

in the install tool at the phpinfo() section we have our custom TYPO3
debug information. This information was intended to be pasted to
bugreport to easily get some details about the installed system.

However, I think this data needs some "redesign", strip away private
data like host and absolute filesystem information and enhance the whole
thing by some more information.

Of course we have the reports module available and some of the checks
are already integrated there - but not all.

I just wanted to start the discussion here to find out, what you think
about that information and possible what's missing and how it can be
used further (e.g. in bug reports, ...).

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Cheers,
Olly

The debug info looks like this on my local machine:

### DEBUG SYSTEM INFORMATION - START ###
HTTP_HOST           : schwarzenbach.local
TYPO3_HOST_ONLY     : schwarzenbach.local
TYPO3_PORT          :
PATH_INFO           :
QUERY_STRING        : TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=phpinfo
REQUEST_URI         : /typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=phpinfo
HTTP_REFERER        :
http://schwarzenbach.local/typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=extConfig
TYPO3_REQUEST_HOST  : http://schwarzenbach.local
TYPO3_REQUEST_URL   :
http://schwarzenbach.local/typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=phpinfo
TYPO3_REQUEST_SCRIPT: http://schwarzenbach.local/typo3/install/index.php
TYPO3_REQUEST_DIR   : http://schwarzenbach.local/typo3/install/
TYPO3_SITE_URL      : http://schwarzenbach.local/
TYPO3_SITE_SCRIPT   : typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=phpinfo
TYPO3_SSL           :
TYPO3_REV_PROXY     :
SCRIPT_NAME         : /typo3/install/index.php
TYPO3_DOCUMENT_ROOT : /Users/olly/Development/vhosts/schwarzenbach-wald.de
SCRIPT_FILENAME     :
/Users/olly/Development/vhosts/schwarzenbach-wald.de/typo3/install/index.php
REMOTE_ADDR         : 127.0.0.1
REMOTE_HOST         :
HTTP_USER_AGENT     : Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_7;
de-de) AppleWebKit/533.21.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.5
Safari/533.21.1
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: de-de
CONST: PHP_OS       : Darwin
CONST: TYPO3_OS     :
CONST: PATH_thisScri:
/Users/olly/Development/vhosts/schwarzenbach-wald.de/typo3/install/index.php
CONST: php_sapi_name: apache2handler
OTHER: TYPO3_VERSION: 4.6-dev
OTHER: PHP_VERSION  : 5.3.6
imagecreatefromgif(): 1
imagecreatefrompng(): 1
imagecreatefromjpeg(: 1
imagegif()          : 1
imagepng()          : 1
imagejpeg()         : 1
imagettftext()      : 1
OTHER: IMAGE_TYPES  : 15
OTHER: memory_limit : 512M
SERVER: SERVER_PORT : 80
SERVER: SERVER_SOFTW: Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/1.0.0d
DAV/2 PHP/5.3.6
SERVER: GATEWAY_INTE: CGI/1.1
SERVER: SCRIPT_NAME : /typo3/install/index.php
SERVER: PATH_TRANSLA:
T3CV_GFX: image_proc: 1
T3CV_GFX: gdlib     : 1
T3CV_GFX: gdlib_png : 1