[TYPO3-v4] a question on typo3 - 4.5

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Tue May 10 07:57:18 CEST 2011

Hi,

> I need more help. When I installed typo3, created 'admin' account, and login the backend, but I could find the page tree root with global (earth) icon - resuling in many job can not be done.
> Would you tell why no root, and how can I resolve?

I guess you notice that there's a grey icon with a TYPO3 logo "floating
around" in Web > Page? Guess what? This is the root you are searching
for, icon was simply changed as earth icon is now better used to mark
subtrees used as "standalone" (sub-) websites ;-)

You will find a lot of tutorials out there, many of them with
screenshots. The point is, you have to grab the concepts more than
trying to blindly reproduce the steps as chances are high that
screenshot were taken with a previous version of TYPO3 and stuff
slightly changed (color, icon, position, ...) but the concepts and the
overwhole GUI concepts did not radically diverge.

HTH

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6