[TYPO3-v4] a question on typo3 - 4.5

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Sun May 8 12:27:13 CEST 2011

> Today I tried use dummy + source, untarred separately, rather than introduction package. I got the same result. in database, 52 tables created, by clicking database - compare, and I could also create admin user. But when go to backend, the login form did not appear, but the msg:

So you didn't run the Install Tool Wizard (the 1-2-3 thingy)? You should
do that!

Long version: Otherwise you have to run the Version Compatibility
Upgrade Wizard to update the compatVersion in your localconf.php.

Question: Why do we still have compatVersion = 3.8 in config_default?
I'm asking me this since ages. Shouldn't we just set this to
TYPO3_branch? Of course, if sb. skips the wizard ("advanced users
only"), he shouldn't wonder that he fails. Any opinion? Should we change
that?

Kind regards
Steffen

--