[TYPO3-v4] Discouraging or deprecating PHP_SCRIPT cObject?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri May 6 15:05:24 CEST 2011

Hi all,

While working on the documentation I was reminded of a question that
cropped up during the development of 4.5: is usage of PHP_SCRIPT
cObjects discouraged? I mean it's written nowhere as far as I can tell,
but scripts should really be encapsulated inside extensions and not
included "raw". So two questions:

1) should the TSref explicitly discourage usage of PHP_SCRIPT objects?
2) should we go further and actually deprecate such objects in 4.6?

Francois Suter