[TYPO3-v4] a question on typo3 - 4.5

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri May 6 08:40:50 CEST 2011

Hi Shawn,

> This installation was just upgraded to TYPO3 4.5. In this version, some default settings have changed.
> You can continue to use your settings by specifying the former default values in localconf.php.
> Please proceed to the Update Wizard in the TYPO3 Install Tool to update your configuration.
>
> Why does this happen?

I'm not entirely sure what happens here, it's definitely weird. If you
install the 4.5.2 Introduction Package, you should not be told that you
have just upgraded.

Have you tried following the advice, i.e. returning to the Install Tool
and going through the steps of the Update Wizard?

Maybe you could post here the content of your localconf.php file?

BTW it's not really the right mailing list to discuss such issues, but
it's not easy to find the right one when beginning :-) . We'll continue
the discussion here, but next time you may want to send similar
questions to typo3.english instead.

Francois Suter