[TYPO3-v4] a question on typo3 - 4.5

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu May 5 17:48:45 CEST 2011

Hi Shawn,

> Is typo3 version 4.5 designed for upgrading from previous version only, or it can be used independently?
> I installed 4.5.2, but I can NOT create admin user, because no be_user table, so that I can NOT login to the system.
> If it is designed for upgrading only, would you please tell you, which version I should start with?

Every version of TYPO3 can be considered as "stand alone", not as an
upgrade of an earlier version. What path have you followed to install
TYPO3 4.5.2? Did you download the Introduction Package?

http://typo3.org/download/

Or did you install in some other way? If you're new to TYPO3, I would
strongly recommended taking your first steps with the Introduction
Package, as it is expressly designed for that purpose.

You will certainly find the Installation Guide and the Getting Started
useful too:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/installation/doc_guide_install/current/
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_quickstart/current/

I hope all this will help you get off to a better start. It's not normal
that you had no be_user, but it's hard to tell what problem happened
without more information.

Francois Suter