[TYPO3-v4] Install Tool Improvements 4.6 Status

Patrick Rodacker patrick.rodacker at the-reflection.de
Tue Mar 29 13:19:03 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Am 28.03.11 14:01, schrieb Steffen Gebert:

> Patrick, can you point a bit out, what you want to improve? I assume
> some descriptions in the All Configuration? I think that's somehow
> independent and it could work in parallel to the restructuring.

I spent quite some time writing about the install tool in the past weeks
and indeed the All Configuration section raised the urge to contribute
to the project. IMO the current implementation of how the
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS entries get parsed and how the description for each
entry is processed are not really up-to-date ;) I think a modular
approach having each configuration option as a class could provide
better support for checks, chains and suggestions of System Environment
options as well as Localisation etc.

That is just one part I am interested in and I would like to offer my
support wherever it is needed within the project.

Bests regards
Patrick