[TYPO3-v4] TYPO3 v4.5 Ideas: New File Uploader

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Mar 28 15:56:49 CEST 2011

Hi,

just in short - we talked about uploader in general and formed a project
(having you in of course :) )

The idea is first to have an FileUpload API in general to get rid of
this hardcoded implementations here and there.

Then, as i remember all the frustrations we had with plupload and
crossbrowsers, i suggested to look at awesomeuploader too, without
prefering it for now, but to be open for alternatives. I didn't made
tests with it until now, i only asked around and got positive feedback
from Dmitry using it.

So i would like to talk about this with Christian and other interested ones.

So if you are interested in this task, please answer here in this list,
so we get a real team formed, and output as real team effort.

vg Steffen