[TYPO3-v4] "CGL" policy for new hooks?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 20:02:44 CET 2011

Hi!

Franz Koch wrote:
> and what would it be good for? It would just prevent the same hook
> registration to be used for multiple method calls which is also done at
> some places (and extensions) IIRC.

Exactly what I was trying to say...

If the interface is defined, it must be defined to service specific hook's
requests, not be generic.

I see only two possible cases:
- do not use interfaces: the developer is free to add new parameters if
(s)he wants
- use interfaces for hooks and never add new parameters

So, as I said before, I would leave it to the developer to decide if he
thinks using interfaces is the best option for that specific hook. There is
no one best solution in this case.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member