[TYPO3-v4] Welcome our new fellow reviewer

Stefano Kowalke blueduck at gmx.net
Sat Mar 19 11:09:50 CET 2011

Hey,

thanks for your opinions.
With current configuration, Mr. Jenkins will have a look at you
Changerequest and vote with -1 for Verify _and_ Code Review if the build
failed or is unstable, same case for build comments. See issue [1].

> With current configuration *something going wrong* means: php-code is
> syntactically incorrect. This justifies a veto.

Correct

> A real benefit could be (and this *might* justify a '+1 on reading'),
> if a patch comes with high code coverage tests, and if additionally
> no existing test fails.

So far as I know at the moment, it is not possible to determine if a
particular patch comes with tests or without. A usually build process
1) get the current master
2) merge the patch
3) do all build steps
4) vote -1 if something (in the great context of the Core) goes wrong

This means: If your patch break a existing (or with the patch shipped)
unit test, the complete build will be failed.

> Actually, we *do* have some parts in the core > with pretty high test
> code coverage (example: the matchcondition part > is tested pretty
> well). It would be really great if jenkins could
> consider those things in some way.

Any idea is very welcome. Please post it to [2].

> For me a real +1 by reading would consider syntactical complexity
> too. There are tools out there that do that. But I agree that already
> having a strict check of our CGL is good.

We plan to integrate the Codesniffer with TYPO3 Standard [3].

Regards,
Stefano

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/13888
[2] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/12896