[TYPO3-v4] TYPO3 4.6 Ideas: Roles

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 17 15:05:01 CET 2011

Hi,

On 17-3-2011 13:34, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> Concept of Roles.

If I read your descriptions correctly a role is a selection of the
options from the collective properties and options a backend user has.

This one is again something I've never had a request for :-) (there were
many requests to give be_users access to things which are limited to
admins).

I see quite a bit of challenges that be_users will select combinations
which don't work together and will be presented with error messages
which they might not completely understand.

Maybe we could achieve quite a bit by being able to mark be_groups as
"roles". Then be_users can select any of these special groups (combined
with the groups which are not roles):

Groups:
- general (not a role)
- editor (role)
- news editor (role)

Selectable:
- default (general + editor + news editor)
- editor (general + editor)
- news editor (general + news editor)

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,